ENGAGE – Empowering Church Leadership
Worship Your Way Through Change!
February 7-9, 2019
For pastors, worship team leaders/members, and church leaders (and spouses).
Change is inevitable! At ENGAGE 2019 we hope to encourage and equip leaders to worship their way through change as one team! Because the pastor and worship team connection is so vital, we are once again joining with Continuous Worship Conference to provide ENGAGE!
- ENGAGE will help pastors and worship team members realize the importance of worship and unity as they experience change.
- ENGAGE will provide creative creative examples of various forms of worship elements that can be incorporated into the worship gathering.
- ENGAGE will provide outstanding workshops covering various topics as: Singleness, Pastoring in Rural Communities, Pastoral Time Management, Leading Through Pastoral Transitions, First Impressions, Planning Center, The Joy of Slightly Irregular People, Women’s Role in the Church, and recruiting and Training Volunteers.
Registration 6:00 pm Thursday Feb. 7
Dorm Style Housing (bring bedding & towels, shared bathrooms) – $160 per person
Motel Style Housing – Fully Booked
**Dorm & Motel Style housing include 2 nights lodging, 6 meals, and retreat programming.
Registration Only (meals & programming but no housing) – $100 per person
Best Western PLUS (North Platte) rates $80+tax per night (Call 308-534-3120 and request “Engage Conference” block room rate. MUST RESERVE BY JAN 25.
SCHEDULE for the EVENT
Thursday, Feb 7
6pm Registration & Dinner
7:30pm Session 1 “Revelation 4” ~Scott Mathis
Friday, Feb 8
8:30am Session 2 “The Inherent Challenge of Change” – John Stone & Lorre McKeone
10am Coffee Break
10:30am Session 3 “The Priceless Opportunity of Change” ~ John Stone & Lorre McKeone
1:00pm Engage at Your Own Pace OR Free Time
1:-5:00pm Worship Team Intensive
4:00pm: Free Time
7:00pm Session 4 “Revelation 5” ~Scott Mathis
8:30pm Worship Jam
Saturday, Feb 9
8:30am Workshop 1
9:30am Coffee Break
9:45am Workshop 2
10:45am Coffee Break
11:00am Worship & Communion
11:30 Lunch & Dismiss
- Singleness – Jason & Amy Gantz
- Pastoral Time Management – Scott Mathis
- Leading Through Pastoral Transitions – Eric Wait & Matt Waitley
- Discipleship Pathways – Andy MacFarlane
- First Impressions – Christine Braddy
- The Joy of Slightly Irregular People – Lorre McKeone
- Recruiting & Training Volunteers – Eric & Kelly Joppa
- A Conversation About Women’s Role in the Church – Kent & Leslie Clark (panel)
Scott Mathis became the President of the Berean Fellowship of Churches in 2016. Before that, he pastored Berean churches in Mitchell, NE and Torrington, WY for a total of 24 years. He and his wife Diane live near North Platte, NE. They have two children and three grandchildren. Scott is passionate about seeing lost people come to faith in Christ and grow as disciples.
John Stone is in his eighth year as the Lead Pastor of North Platte Berean Church. Proponent of the local church in Lincoln County, NE, he firmly believes the Church needs to both hold unswervingly to an unchanging gospel truth and be ready to change methods and strategies to adapt to a changing cultural landscape. He is a husband to Jessica and father to their four precious children.
Lorre McKeone has been the Owner/Operator of Executive Extra (a training and facilitation company) since 1986. She has helped community organizations, including the church, move through change effectively. A wife to Kert, a mother to two daughters and grandmother to five exceptional grandchildren, she loves Jesus and wants to see healthy people following Jesus.
Climbing Wall — Test your skills!
CampGrounds Coffee Shop — Relax with a Tall Caramel Macchiatto or Vanilla Latte!
Fireside Room – Take your shoes off and enjoy fellowship around our fireplace!
Campfire Pit – The sun has set and the air has chilled; come sit by the fire and enjoy S’mores!
Basketball/Volleyball – Nothing like healthy competition!