New Step of Faith
In June 2017, Tanya and I joined the full time staff at Maranatha Camp & Retreat Center in Maxwell NE. I am the Program Manager and Tanya is the Guest Experience Manager. Our positions are support-based which means we partially rely on monthly support from generous donors in order to receive our full salary.
What Does the Program Manager Do?
- Program oversight of all camps, retreats, reunions, etc. during the year
- Develop vision for reaching more campers and guests for Christ through public relations and programming.
- Promotion and relationship building across a 5 state region and the churches and organizations Maranatha serves.
- Maintain a strong, vital relationship with the local community that Maranatha serves.
- Leadership and implementation of Maranatha year-round sponsored programs.
- Develop public relations with churches, schools, and other organizations, making personal visits and pursuing opportunities to address people.
What Does the Guest Experience Manager Do?
- Take reservations and contract with guests and guest groups.
- Oversee the hospitality of all guests during their stay with Maranatha.
- Oversee the cleanliness and upkeep of all accommodations.
- Manage accommodation staff for all Maranatha buildings and housing.
- Insure excellence in hospitality.
We are excited for the opportunity to serve and minister at a quality organization that has its purpose to reach people for Christ and see them grow in their relationship with Him. Maranatha is a national Christian Camp situated on 306 beautiful acres. Maranatha exists to glorify God by introducing people to Jesus as Savior, training them in Christian living, and send them out to represent Jesus Christ to the world.
Our campus has several recreational areas (including a swimming pool and a 40 acre lake) and over 50 buildings (including a conference center/gymnasium/dining hall/chapel/kitchen, dormitories, motel-style buildings, and small cabins). Each year, Maranatha hosts nearly 12,000 guests of all ages, giving them a place to connect with God and make life-changing decisions.
How Can I Support Barry & Tanya?
We will be serving as Maranatha Missionaries. Maranatha is providing us a home and stipend and we are needing to raise the reminder of our support.
We are asking God for monthly supporters in the amounts of $50, $100, or $200 per month. Smaller monthly amounts will be accepted. One time gifts are appreciated, but regular monthly support is our goal!