The Next Step Program
To equip high school graduates to take the next step out of the societal norm by becoming Christ-centered servant leaders.
Maranatha’s Next Step Intern Program is a year-long faith immersion experience to equip high school graduates to take the NEXT STEP from the societal norm by becoming Christ-centered servant leaders.
At Maranatha Camp & Retreat Center, we believe that camp and church ministries are powerful faith immersion experiences that form deep, life-long connections in the Body of Christ. Maranatha’s Next Step Internship is a year-long, hands-on experience that focuses on serving with Maranatha’s camp and retreat ministries, as well as, serving within a local church program. Interns will live in an intentional Christian community while fostering the discernment of their future in ministry.
- To provide tools for ministry effectiveness as Christian leaders
- To develop and prepare Christian leaders for a lifetime of service, no matter the calling
- To foster an attitude of genuine teamwork with existing full-time staff
- To provide a community whose identity is rooted in Jesus Christ
- To build relationships and impact lives for Jesus Christ
What will serving look like during The Next Step?
Interns will be expected to work shifts in various areas of Maranatha Camp during their 40 hour work week. NOTE: There will be times where scheduled hours may exceed 40 hours.
The departments that will be a part of scheduled shifts will be as follows. An understanding is expected that a weekly scheduled work week is not limited to the following:
- Dish Area
- Conference Center
- Coffee & Sweet Shop
- Sound & AV
Interns will be a valuable part of the work force for Maranatha Camp & Retreat Center:
- Summer camps (Senior High, Middle School, Junior, Primary, Grand, & Family)
- Weekend Retreats (Men’s , Women’s, Youth, Young Adult, Scrapbooking, etc)
- Guest groups events (Family Reunions, Church Camps, etc)
- Community Events (Pumpkin Patch, Skate Nights, Waterfront Days, etc)
To whom will the interns report to daily?
- Interns will be directly accountable to the Next Step Supervisor.
- Interns will be accountable to the Department Head of the department they are scheduled to work/minister in on a daily basis.
Time Off & Vacation
- Interns will be given 5 days off for Thanksgiving and 14 days off for Christmas.
- An additional 5 days of vacation time are allowed during the program, upon approval by The Next Step Supervisor.
- Weekly days off will be regularly scheduled. Parents and friends are welcome to come to Maranatha to visit any time, yet.it must be pre-approved at least two weeks in advance.
Will the Interns be provided with housing?
Participants in The Next Step Program will live in gender-specific housing in shared living quarters with fully equipped kitchens. Communal living provides the ideal environment (while not always easy) for participants to become Christ-centered servants.
What are the dates of the program?
The Next Step Internship is a 12 month program, mid-August through mid-August.
Compensation includes lodging, utilities, meals (when dining hall is open), staff trips, Biblical training, staff shirts, Red Cross/CPR certification, and a monthly stipend. Maranatha does not provide health insurance for The Next Step interns. We require every intern to be covered by health insurance. If interns are not on their parent’s health insurance policies, Maranatha can help find individually tailored policies at competitive rates.
Ministry Support Raising
Interns are highly encouraged to raise ministry support to help supplement their Camp compensation. Many former interns have raised as much as $500 per month from their friends and family, and 100% of this support goes directly to the intern. Support raising training and coaching is offered by Maranatha leadership. The maximum support interns can raise is $5000 per month
What does the Spiritual Training Look like?
- Once a week the Next Step Interns will be required to attend a Young Adult Life Group along with other area young adults. The Life Group will consist of biblical training, fellowship, and ministry opportunities outside of the normal Maranatha Camp realm of ministry.
- Interns will be expected to serve within a local body of believers. The interns will be free to attend and serve in a local church of their choosing as long as that church adheres to true biblical standards.
- Interns will be given the opportunity to serve on a short-term mission project at some point in the calendar year. The interns will be responsible for raising the full financial support necessary to participate on the mission trip.
To ask more questions or to express interest in participationg, please contact Kris Cheek, our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org